Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,172
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 109
  • Total: 109
Guitar Center

One of my favorite songs from one of my favorite places on the planet.

Started by DanGrigor, May 02, 2018, 12:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanGrigor

Back in the day of answering machines we would change the outgoing message to "Altitoodles" whenever we went to the mountains.
from among the giants.

Joom

A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

DanGrigor

I just love that place. you could throw a camera in there and get a great pic :P

Joom

It is an interesting looking place.  Would you mind me asking where that's at?
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

DanGrigor

trail of 100 giants in sequoia national forest CA
Very cool place with 100s of the biggest trees you'll ever see.
there is dirt in that root ball that hadn't seen light in over 100 years.
the sound off the wood was cool. everything about it was cool

Joom

That is a very cool area, haven't been out that way in almost 3 decades.

Old farm boy myself, and those are my favorite kinds of places.  I still live in the woods in the middle of nowhere, but not with those types of trees...

DanGrigor

it is about 6 hours from my house. We're pretty lucky, with a house on the shore of Lake Elsinore. when we go camping we have to go somewhere more beautiful than home. lol we go whenever we can. still a little chilly up there but we'll be going soon.
Last year I got to take most of my kids and all my grandkids to a cabin up there for a few days. memories they will NEVER forget.

Joom

Really nice, Dan.  We don't get the kids and grandkids to go camping much, but we do take them out on our trail rides whenever we can.  The wife and I do a lot of trail riding, both daytime and midnight rides.  Just like to spend time in the woods.  And usually take a little lunch with us to stop at some cool spot for a picnic.  Great place to listen to music, too.

And you're right, we love giving the grandkids memories they'll have when we're gone...

DanGrigor

it gets tough to all get together at the same time. when it happens it's awesome. I haven't ridden a trail in too many years. There is a great horse friendly campground up there with public corrals and stuff. We often see them riding on the trails.

we're looking at cabins up there as we get older. It would be great to retire to the woods!

Mick

Looks like a fab place to visit.  I'd love to be there with my camera for sure.  8)
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com