Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,173
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 37
  • Total: 37
Gear4Music

Katana Version 2 update

Started by Mick, October 03, 2017, 06:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Available starting in October 2017, the feature-packed Katana Version 2 update adds many user-requested additions and enhancements to the Katana stage amp

lineup. New SDE-3000 delay, Phaser 90E, and Flanger 117E effects bring the total number to 58, and the Tone Setting memories have been doubled for even greater versatility while performing. The update also includes newly added channel and global EQs for refined tone-shaping, powerful Cabinet Resonance and Air Feel direct out functions derived from the Waza amp series, and many other great features.

Katana Version 2 is a free, user-installable update for all Katana owners, and is available in the Downloads section. https://www.boss.info/global/support/updates_drivers/
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

Thanks for that Mick, I shall try to get that later. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hinfrance

Had a good day and a bit bad too, but the bad was first - had a disk read error on my whizzy SSD which meant that after trying everything under the sun and then some I had to reinstall Windows. So now I've got the latest release and although the reinstall deleted all the temp files causing a few minor irritations and *expletive deleted* XLN decided it was yet another new computer (it does this every time there is an OS upgrade and when I cloned the HDD to the new SSD) thus screwing up the product licences, it's all going swimmingly so far. Even Cubase is working, which given that is what I spend most of my time using, is rather nice.

Just got to sort out all the other computer ID related licences (they'll all be music software) before I'm back to full working order. So all in all not a bad day. Oh and the new firmware for my Katana amplifier is, to coin an expression from over the pond, awesome.

The amps themselves are just lovely - I am reminded of this every time I use it.  :beer:

Mick

Don't you just hate it when that happens.   I'm still running the old fashioned hard drives in my PCs I haven't gone SSD yet. 

Glad to hear you like the Katana V2 upgrade, looks like some nice improvements included.  Still yet to try one though, yes shame on me.  :)

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

Bit of an issue with the new firmware. It turned off the effect loop on all patches by default. Took me a while and a lot of head scratching to work that out. Had to go in and change all the settings to 'post reverb' to get my looper registering again. No idea why that worked - on my Mustang the choice is pre or post pre-amp, and that works in a way I actually understand :)

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 08, 2018, 05:37:23 PM
Bit of an issue with the new firmware. It turned off the effect loop on all patches by default. Took me a while and a lot of head scratching to work that out. Had to go in and change all the settings to 'post reverb' to get my looper registering again. No idea why that worked - on my Mustang the choice is pre or post pre-amp, and that works in a way I actually understand :)

Howard, is this the Firmware [ Ver.2.01 ] Dated OCT 2017 ? Released around the time this thread was started. 

Or the Newest one [ Ver.2.02 ] Dated NOV 2017?  This one has a few bug fixes, namely,

Update history
[ Ver.2.02 ] NOV 2017
Bug Fixes
The following bugs were fixed.
•When TONE SETTING is set to "PANEL," after using the GA-FC (foot controller) to set respective effects to "OFF" and then again selecting "PANEL," the respective effects return to "ON."
•Selecting a TONE SETTING for which EQ is set to "OFF" yields sound for which EQ is set to "ON."
•When a MIDI Program Change message and Control Change message are received simultaneously, the Control Change message is not applied.
•When the unit is updated to version 2.01, all TONE SETTING Program Change numbers are set to "1." (This occurs when updating from version 1 to version 2.01.)
* Use BOSS TONE STUDIO for KATANA Version 2 to set the Program Change number for each TONE SETTING.
•When the unit is updated to version 2.01, the SEND/RETURN values for BANK A and "PANEL" are set to "OFF." (This occurs when updating from version 1 to version 2.01.)
* Use BOSS TONE STUDIO for KATANA Version 2 to set SEND/RETURN to "ON."

https://www.boss.info/us/support/by_product/katana-100_212/updates_drivers/4b233e0e-e986-494f-9e1f-11ee766679b4/

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

I've got 2.01, which explains it. didn't know there was a really fast fix released just afterwards. Better get the new firmware installed.

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 09, 2018, 03:15:55 PM
I've got 2.01, which explains it. didn't know there was a really fast fix released just afterwards. Better get the new firmware installed.

Don't blame me if it all goes TU.  ;)  I did wonder if you had seen that new update, it was released rather close to the last one.  Hopefully it should sort some of the problems at least.   Let us know how you get on with it.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

Just installed it - seems to be OK, but I haven't had a chance to play with it yet - as I had already updated the patches to switch the effects loop back on I'm hoping it will all be OK when I get to try it properly tomorrow. The system check shows the amp has the latest firmware installed.

Mick

Hoping it went ok, and cured some of the problems you were experiencing.  These firmware updates make me nervous, especially after reading about some of Blackstar's failings.   ;)

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com