Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,173
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 303
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 76
  • Total: 76
Gear4Music

Harley Benton D-120CE NT - Astounding

Started by Hinfrance, September 29, 2017, 01:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Astounding - quite a word but well deserved in this case.

I recently sold my Yamaha APX 700 because I simply didn't like it. It didn't seem to matter what strings I put on it, how much I adjusted the neck or the bridge, it just didn't work for me.

Because I wanted a replacement acoustic I decided to take a punt on this own brand Harley Benton from Thomann. It's got loads of glowing reviews, but I am always a little sceptical of gushing praise.

It arrived this morning and I am, well, astounded. It looks amazing (although the 'inlay' around the sound hole is obviously a decal but so excellently applied you can't tell until right up close), sounds good even with the factory 10s, the electro-acoustic installation looks very good quality, and like the rest of the guitar the fit and finish are top grade. The machine heads are smooth and highly geared - astounding (there's that word again). The icing on the cake is a very good action with perfect intonation. It is much more comfortable to play than the APX and I am in love with it already.

All for â,¬75 or £65.

OK, I am not primarily a guitar player, my instrument is bass, but seriously if you want a beginner or second acoustic as a spare, or even if you are just on a tight budget you'd be mad not to take a look at one of these.

Time for a nice cup of tea.

Joom

Congrats, Hinfrance.  Great deal, and sounds like a perfect fit for you.  Will we hear it sometime soon?
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

shannonrichards

Fingers crossed the Harley Benton lives up to the positive reviews and becomes the acoustic gem you're looking for.

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com