Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,173
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 303
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 83
  • Total: 84
  • Mick
samash.com

Tracktion 6, the Full Version for Free

Started by Mick, September 03, 2017, 06:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Grab your copy of Tracktion 6 DAW, the Full Version, and it's  Free

T6 DAW https://www.tracktion.com/products/t6-daw

The world's best, fully featured, completely unlimited free DAW for all music creators

"This is no ‘Lite’ version, we do not impose track limits, plugin limitations or other such constraints commonly found in other low cost offerings. Why? – we think you will enjoy using the app so much, you will discover the value in investing in our latest versions and the expanded features we are voraciously adding. Innovation and creativity is what drives us – join the ride today and download T6 for Mac, Windows, or Linux operating systems."

Window, Mac, AND Linux versions

Enjoy.  :)
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

Downloaded it when I first saw this post. Decided to give it a try this morning and it is asking for a licence key (not provided by them) to 'unlock full features'. So it looks like a bit of a fraud to me and I have uninstalled it.

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on September 15, 2017, 08:35:25 AM
Downloaded it when I first saw this post. Decided to give it a try this morning and it is asking for a licence key (not provided by them) to 'unlock full features'. So it looks like a bit of a fraud to me and I have uninstalled it.

Howard, not sure why, but I have it installed and unlocked.  I can't remember what the process was, but I think you had to provide a email addy and password when you download the software, and when you run it you have to click register to activate it.

As far as I'm aware the copy I have is fully functional.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

It's possible that an email hit my spam filter, however there is nothing in the bin from any email address with 'tracktion' in the address line anywhere - do you know what email address your authorisation came from?

If I go to the Tracktion site and view 'my orders' T6 is listed there, but there doesn't seem to be any way to view licence keys or authorisation codes. Although I have now uninstalled it I did click on the authorise now button, but was presented with a field to insert an key, which I do not have. If you search their site for 'license' it returns no results. I've submitted a support ticket and all I've had back is an automated acknowledgement. Deeply unimpressed.

So while I am clearly pleased yours works, as far as I am concerned this is not worth even bothering with.

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on September 16, 2017, 07:49:12 AM
It's possible that an email hit my spam filter, however there is nothing in the bin from any email address with 'tracktion' in the address line anywhere - do you know what email address your authorisation came from?

If I go to the Tracktion site and view 'my orders' T6 is listed there, but there doesn't seem to be any way to view licence keys or authorisation codes. Although I have now uninstalled it I did click on the authorise now button, but was presented with a field to insert an key, which I do not have. If you search their site for 'license' it returns no results. I've submitted a support ticket and all I've had back is an automated acknowledgement. Deeply unimpressed.

So while I am clearly pleased yours works, as far as I am concerned this is not worth even bothering with.

I can feel your frustration H ;)

As said above I can't remember the full procedure, but as a experiment, and curiosity,  when I get back from work in a few hours, I'll go through the download and install process on my other laptop, and see what happens.

I only installed it a few days ago, and already forgot what happened.  I blame my age. lol..  ;)

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

Luckily I have Cubase Artist 9 as well as Reaper, so I was only looking at it out of curiosity.  ;)

Later - not being one to give up lightly I have resintalled it and this time worked out that my licence is just my Tracktion account password - so now I have got it running, but it's been scanning for VSTs for more than 15 minutes now and is reporting 1% complete . .

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on September 16, 2017, 07:59:09 AM
Luckily I have Cubase Artist 9 as well as Reaper, so I was only looking at it out of curiosity.  ;)

Later - not being one to give up lightly I have resintalled it and this time worked out that my licence is just my Tracktion account password - so now I have got it running, but it's been scanning for VSTs for more than 15 minutes now and is reporting 1% complete . .

Cool, glad its working.  :tup: When I scanned for vst's it took around 2 minutes, but I don't have many on my PC at all.  I will have more as I try some of the freebie ones out. 

I have noticed with some of these DAW's, when you first fire them up, you either take to them easily, and things seem logical, or it'll look so complicated you don't bother pursuing any further.  I'm sure I'm missing out by not learning how to use them properly.   :)

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

The VST scanning is glitchy - I had to cancel the scan and start again. It doesn't like my Xpand2 synth, which is a shame because that's the one I really like to use. VST3s caused a few hiccups too, it tried to load Groove Agent SE, but that is locked to Cubase and again I had to cancel and restart to allow it to quarantine Groove Agent and finish scanning the others.

There will be quite a lot of setting up to do - I have enabled the additional ins and outs on my Saffire, but haven't got around to trying to enable additional midi inputs like my Akai MPC which is also switched off by default, along with my Novation controller . .

I've spent most of the afternoon fiddling about with my BP355 which arrived in the post at lunchtime - typical Digitech, the downloadable manual is for firmware V1, and the pedal has V1.1 on it so it took me ages to work out how to get the expression pedal to just act as a simple volume pedal. Needless to say it's not the parameter labelled 'level'  :o

Hinfrance

Had a reply from the support team, very polite and noting that I had managed to get the software authorised and working. Might play with it a bit more later, but I am going to have to RTFM as there are some control parameters I haven't been able to find using the standard man method of just clicking all over the place and hoping for the best.

It does look very different to other DAWs. Not sure if that is a good or a bad thing. Reaper is still my favourite bargain DAW, even if the interface is right out of the 90s, because it is so  flexible and to be honest sounds good too.

Mick

I agree it does look a lot different from other DAWs, it's a bit of a run around like a headless chicken moment when you first fire it up.  Erm, what do I click next. lol..  Doesn't seem too bad once you get going.

Reaper was one of the first DAWs I installed, it's great actually.  From the moment the program opens on your screen it looks clean and tidy, everything fairly logical fro the get go.  I still get confused by all the audio ins/outs settings though, but that happens with just about any software I try.  I tend to over think things tbh. 

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

Afternoon Mick. Well, I've spent some more time playing with it and have now uninstalled it again. The 'help' button just takes you to some no doubt very helpful video tutorials and not to a manual (later just found a tips and tricks book on there, but you have to buy it and most importantly it's not a user manual). I tried every single MIDI configuration on offer and still couldn't get it to respond to my Novation controller. Furthermore I couldn't find any way of allocating midi channels. Realistically with no manual life is too short, so I'm sticking mainly with Cubase with occasional dabbles in Reaper.

Shame, it does look like it has a lot of potential but the implementation is a pig's ear. Mind you the manual for Cubase must be one of the worst ones ever written, but at least it exists!

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on September 17, 2017, 03:06:47 PM
Afternoon Mick. Well, I've spent some more time playing with it and have now uninstalled it again. The 'help' button just takes you to some no doubt very helpful video tutorials and not to a manual (later just found a tips and tricks book on there, but you have to buy it and most importantly it's not a user manual). I tried every single MIDI configuration on offer and still couldn't get it to respond to my Novation controller. Furthermore I couldn't find any way of allocating midi channels. Realistically with no manual life is too short, so I'm sticking mainly with Cubase with occasional dabbles in Reaper.

Shame, it does look like it has a lot of potential but the implementation is a pig's ear. Mind you the manual for Cubase must be one of the worst ones ever written, but at least it exists!

No worries H, shame it didn't work out for you. At least you gave it a good try before giving up.  It might work for some and not others like most things in life.   ;)

I have a few light version DAWs which came with various amps, pedals, and my interface, but to be honest I haven't explored them all properly.  I think you can waste so much time doing this when I should really stick with one and learn it thoroughly.

Amazing how time flies when messing about with computer stuff. 

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

You're not wrong Mick about sticking to something and learning it inside out - a failure I am guilty of, although I do mostly use Cubase I find remembering what to do to achieve fairly simple outcomes really very trying. It took me half an hour yesterday to work out (again) how to punch in and punch out of a recording, something that should be easy and obvious but is anything but. In my old analogue studio you set the markers pressed the punch button and then record - in Cubase you press 'play', and that confused the heck out of me for several minutes and half a dozen WTF? moments. The manual contains helpful phrases like 'arm the punch in point' without telling how or where to do that - a bit like some of the stuff in Haynes manuals . . It was so much easier with a tape deck and a mixer!

The Reaper manual on the other hand is simply excellent.

I'm pretty sure, however, that Tracktion cannot be beaten as a free DAW. I just don't have the time to invest in it. And it doesn't like Xpand2 - the deal breaker for me!

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com