Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,173
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 48
  • Total: 48
Guitar Center

Anyone built their own guitar?

Started by Mick, October 21, 2012, 11:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Has anyone built built you own guitar from scratch, or from bits and pieces from old guitars.  Care to share your experience, and tell us what you achieved.  Did it work out ok, or was it a disaster.

Is it possible to get a great sound on a very tight budget.  I'd love to hear what you ended up with.
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

paulnoise

I built a bass once and a couple of guitars, mostly as I wanted a specific shaped body.  The bass looked cool, it was shaped like an SG pointy end at both ends of the body and was purple.  It costs more to make a guitar than to buy one, I recently looked into making a guitar again but it started to get expensive.  There is a few good shops around, I recommend chguitars.co.UK. My advice is, if you are wanting to make your own guitar, cut your own body from ply wood and make it look insane.

sent on the move using tapatalk

Mick

Quote from: paulnoise on April 19, 2013, 07:48:56 AM

There is a few good shops around, I recommend chguitars.co.UK.

http://www.chguitars.co.uk/  That's a neat shop, loads of handy bits and pieces. thanks for the heads up on that one.  :tup:

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Mick

Now I always associated Haynes manuals to fixing cars etc.  I've never been a lover of them, because they would have you strip the car completely just to change a spark plug. lol..  Sometimes found the pictures more informative. 

But while I was perusing the internet on the subject of building guitars, I stumbled upon this Haynes manual, Build Your Own Electric Guitar  Now that I probably would enjoy reading.  :tup: 

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com