Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,172
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 99
  • Total: 99
Gear4Music

The Fender Mustang GT Amp Range

Started by Mick, May 01, 2017, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

The poplar Fender Mustang amps get a complete makeover with the introduction of the new Fender Mustang GT Amps

Fender Mustang GT Amps - Exclusive First Look!

https://youtu.be/PTVK0jQxjDc
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

They look good - quite a bit dearer than the outgoing V2s, but loads more features, if that's the kind of thing you want. :)

I'm still enthralled with the sounds my Katana makes though (and volume, yikes). I'll stick to my Mustang 3 V2* for now as my 'other' amplifier, tempting though these are. Unless I win the lottery, obviously.

It sounds tremendous DI'd through the PA in stereo ;)

Mick

Howard, I'll be sticking with my Mustang 3 v2 for some time to come. I think.  Unless I win the lottery or I get one to demo.  ;)  I'm getting jittery over the Katana though, itching to try one now. 

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

You should definitely try a Katana if you get the chance. They really are quite outstanding, if somewhat more expensive than most of the competition, especially when you add in the cost of the GA-FC which you ideally need to get the most out of it. Thomann have currently got one of the 100 1x12s as B stock, so you could always buy it and then send it back . . although that is rather naughty. No-one seems to have any new 100 1x12s, they're always on 'pre-order' or 'due back in stock on . . ' so getting that one from Thomann might be the only way to test one.

The only annoying thing about the Katana is that it is very firmly mono. I have been running the stereo out from my Zoom pedal - one side into the Katana, one into the Mustang - just for the craic - sounds lovely!

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 09, 2017, 10:04:02 AM
You should definitely try a Katana if you get the chance. They really are quite outstanding, if somewhat more expensive than most of the competition, especially when you add in the cost of the GA-FC which you ideally need to get the most out of it. Thomann have currently got one of the 100 1x12s as B stock, so you could always buy it and then send it back . . although that is rather naughty. No-one seems to have any new 100 1x12s, they're always on 'pre-order' or 'due back in stock on . . ' so getting that one from Thomann might be the only way to test one.

The only annoying thing about the Katana is that it is very firmly mono. I have been running the stereo out from my Zoom pedal - one side into the Katana, one into the Mustang - just for the craic - sounds lovely!

I still haven't had a chance to go try a Katana, but I definitely will do.   So you Zoom pedal has a stereo out?  Is that the G3? Or have you got a different one, didn't know it had that feature.  Wonder if my G5 has the same, I should really read the manual.  :idea:

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

Afternoon Mick.

I can't imagine that the G5 would not have stereo out.

Here's the back of the G3X

https://www.zoom.co.jp/sites/default/files/products/downloads/images/G3_rear.jpg

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on July 24, 2017, 01:12:53 PM
Afternoon Mick.

I can't imagine that the G5 would not have stereo out.

Here's the back of the G3X

https://www.zoom.co.jp/sites/default/files/products/downloads/images/G3_rear.jpg

Howard, you're right it does have stereo, not really taken any notice of it until you mentioned it.  Here's the the back of the G5 https://www.zoom.co.jp/sites/default/files/products/downloads/images/G5_rear.jpg

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com