Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,172
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 108
  • Total: 108
samash.com

Batteries for Effects Pedals, Tuners etc.

Started by Mick, April 11, 2017, 11:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Here's some great deals on batteries form 7dayshop.com

For your Effects pedals, a value 10 pack of Duracell INDUSTRIAL 9V PP3 batteries.  Only £9.39

https://www.7dayshop.com/products/duracell-industrial-9v-pp3-mn1604-6lr61-alkaline-batteries-value-10-pack-id1604

A value 10 pack of Duracell CR2032 button cell batteries for your SNARK Tuner. Only £5.99

https://www.7dayshop.com/products/duracell-plus-cr2032-dl2032-lithium-coin-cell-battery-extra-value-10-pack-dl2032x10

If you're looking for a different battery, then check out the full range here, https://www.7dayshop.com/batteries-power-chargers

Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

Thanks Mick. I might buy some for just in case, although I do tend to use mains adaptors or rechargeables.  :tup:

Mick

Howard had to buy some spare CR2032 batteries for my Snark Tuner the other day, they seem pretty good, and at that price for 10 they're a bargain.  It would probably cost me that for two batteries at my local supermarket.  My Snark does eat batteries if I forget to turn it off.

I have mains power supplies for all my pedals as  well, but sometimes just having a quick noodle it's handy to just run on batteries. 

I'm assuming most guitars with active pickups run on the 9v batteries, so would be pretty handy for that purpose.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

7 Day Shop are out of stock of their Duracell PP3 9V multipacks, but I have just ordered 12 Energisers for £10.99 including delivery.

https://www.7dayshop.com/products/energizer-industrial-9v-pp3-6lr61-mn1604-batteries-money-saving-box-of-12-batteries-e000191203

Mick

That's still a damn good price for twelve of those batteries, especially when you look at the price of a single one in your local supermarket.  :o

Reminds me, I need to get a couple of button cell batteries for my Snark guitar tuner, from that link above.  Looks like the price has gone down for those, now only £5.99 so edited the post above.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

I use rechargeable batteries in my wireless system and some pedals, but alkaline ones in my guitars. I'd almost run out of the Duracell ones ;)

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 08, 2019, 02:16:49 PM
I use rechargeable batteries in my wireless system and some pedals, but alkaline ones in my guitars. I'd almost run out of the Duracell ones ;)

Interesting.  So the idea of using alkaline in the guitars is because they hold the charge better than rechargeable, or some other reason?  I know the rechargeable batteries lose their charge over a period of time, or at least the older ones did. 

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

Pretty much Mick - The alkaline batteries last a really long time in the guitars because of their long shelf life and because the active circuits draw a very small current. The radio system and pedals, on the other hand, are much more power hungry. A PP3 only lasts about 6 hours in my NuX Loop Core, and maybe a little more in the radio. Also, of course, the batteries in the radio and pedals are less fiddly to get at. One of my basses needs the back cover taken off to change the battery, not something I want to be doing regularly.

I use Lidl rechargeables  :tup:

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com