Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,192
  • Total Topics: 1,647
  • Online today: 262
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 80
  • Total: 80
  • Google
Guitar Center

What Internet Provider do you use?

Started by Mick, October 02, 2016, 02:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Just out of interest, what internet provider do you use? Are they any good, or are you thinking of switching?

if you are switching what is the reason for the move. Price,  Reliability,  Crappy support,  Other.
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Skhilled

I use A Small Orange hosting. I have used almost every hosting out there either for myself of have working on them helping others. This one is by far the best I've ever used! They give very fast support and have plans to suit almost every budget.

Mick

Quote from: Skhilled on October 02, 2016, 07:05:51 PM
I use A Small Orange hosting. I have used almost every hosting out there either for myself of have working on them helping others. This one is by far the best I've ever used! They give very fast support and have plans to suit almost every budget.

Steve, thanks I'll bookmark theme actually. because I might move hosting at some point and I must say they look pretty good.  :tup:

But, the original question was regarding ISP, the company that provide your broadband etc  Example I'm currently using EE as my provider.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Skhilled

Mick

Steve, no problem lol.. 

I'm currently in the middle of moving from EE  to BT.com  After many years with what started out as Freeserve, then Orange before they changed brand again to what is now EE

I found myself in a position where my cables to the house and my phone calls are maintained  by BT but my Broadband by EE.  I've had an ongoing problem with broadband dropping out randomly, and getting anyone to fix it is a nightmare.  One saying it's the cables and the other saying it's the ISP.  So I decided to put the whole lot together in one package.

I might be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire with this, we'll see.  :doh:

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Skhilled

Well, I hope it works out for you. It's not much better over here in the States. They're all money hungry...that's the problem.

Mick

They sure are Steve, it's certainly not cheap.  The connection I have at the moment is driving me nuts, it took me best pat of half an hour to post a reply in the "Multi Effects units, or separate Pedals? " thread just now.  Keeps dropping out.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Skhilled

Les has very good speed. Ask him about his...

Hinfrance

Over here in La Belle we are stuck with Orange, or France Telecom as it used to be known - the monopoly provider. There are others in the 'zones debloques' (there should be accents there, but the site won't let me type them) which are basically the big cities and cabled areas. The competitors are allowed to piggy back the Orange system out here in the country, but only at choked speeds. So we have up to 20mbps (this morning running at around 4mbps) with Orange or 512kbps with a competitor - not much of a choice.

Every now and then there is a problem with the nearest junction box, and every time they come to find the fault they charge us ahead of the visit, and then refund us when it turns out that yet again it is not the cabling on our property but their kit . .

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on October 07, 2016, 07:38:28 AM
Over here in La Belle we are stuck with Orange, or France Telecom as it used to be known - the monopoly provider. There are others in the 'zones debloques' (there should be accents there, but the site won't let me type them) which are basically the big cities and cabled areas. The competitors are allowed to piggy back the Orange system out here in the country, but only at choked speeds. So we have up to 20mbps (this morning running at around 4mbps) with Orange or 512kbps with a competitor - not much of a choice.

Every now and then there is a problem with the nearest junction box, and every time they come to find the fault they charge us ahead of the visit, and then refund us when it turns out that yet again it is not the cabling on our property but their kit . .

Interesting H.  So Orange is still Orange in France?  Over here it was merged with EE, now I believe taken over by BT, although still running as EE.  And BT and EE are still run as separate brands / or companies as far as I'm aware.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

Yep, still Orange here. Virgin has just either been taken over or rebranded as SFR (not sure which). My mobile contract is with SFR following the change. It's a good deal, 3 hours of calls, unlimited SMS and MMS and 500mb of data, the latter I only use rarely - all for â,¬5 a month. My 'phone is my own, of course, you wouldn't get a 'phone as well for that price. I usually use Whatsapp, Skype or FB Messenger for international calls via the home internet connection. With friends and relatives in the US and SA as well as the UK that's handy.

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com