Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,190
  • Total Topics: 1,647
  • Online today: 77
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 60
  • Total: 60
Guitar Center

hello all

Started by Bad girl, July 31, 2014, 11:49:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad girl

:-* Hi, I'm lisa and I am a girl rhythm guitarist from birmingham UK. And still learning lead. Looking to set up a band. And my preferred genres are blues rock and indie. Always happy to talk guitar and music.
Working on original tunes and will be adding my soundcloud to soon I hope.

Joom

Welcome to the forums, Lisa.  Look forward to hearing some of your work, do you have a link to your SoundCloud?

And good luck with the lead, should be an interesting change from rhythm...
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

Bad girl

Thank you very much My soundcloud is https://soundcloud.com/badgirlovks although there's only a demo and a few covers I've done. I'm hoping to update it all soon. And my lead isn't too bad but I like a challenge!  ;D

Joom

Thanks for the link, just went over and listened.  Nice selection.  Just wondering what your recording process is, do you mic your amp or go straight in (line in)?

Always curious as to the processes people use...
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

Bad girl

Thanks for taking the time to listen. My old way of recording was straight to my phone. But the latest recording was a mic'ed up line6 through a laptop. As I've been experimenting with the recording process and finding what fits best.

Joom

Thanks for the info, BG, always interesting to hear how people are working.  And let us know when you get that first original song done...

Bad girl

Will do, I'm collaborating on this one with a lead guitarist and a dummer who will use protools to bring it all together. So soon as its complete I'll post it out. Thanks  :tup:

Bad girl

*Drummer.....  sorry autocorrect

Joom

Look forward to it, BG,

Oh, and no big deal, but just so you know.  There's a "Modify" link in the top right corner of all your posts, so you can fix any mistakes you catch afterward.  I have to use it all the time... :D

Scarebear

I'm too far away, but if I wasn't, I'd catch up for a jam :)
scarebear.rocks - terrible guitar playing verbalised as terrible writing.

Bad girl

a newer version of lonely nights is now on my soundcloud,comments and advice always welcome. more is to be added from a collaboration with a lead guitarist and song lyrics are being written up.

Scarebear

Well you already know I like it :)

I'm really looking forward to hearing the solo that ends up on top of this track. It's really coming together nicely. Well done Lisa.
scarebear.rocks - terrible guitar playing verbalised as terrible writing.

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com