Username: Password:

Author Topic: What made you feel good today?  (Read 12029 times)

Offline Mick

• Administrator
  • Site Owner
    • guitarist-guild
    • View Profile
    • Guitarist Guild
Re: What made you feel good today?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2015, 10:04:44 AM »
Bummer, so it's not going to arrive any time soon then.  Ah well, it'll give you something to look forward to at least.  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

Camera Craniums

Guitarist Guild

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2015, 11:24:58 AM »
It's arrived!

It's lovely. Did I mention I really like Hohner basses ?  ;D

Looks like it's hardly been played. Has that wonderful deep and bright but not trebly tone that floats my boat.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2015, 02:24:41 PM »
I have had my Hohner B Bass V for a few days now, and spent a few hours playing it.

The local music emporium didn't have any 5 string bass sets, so I am sticking with the old strings that were on it until my next Thomann order. Doesn't seem to stop it sounding good though.

I actually had to RAISE the action to get it to match my other Hohners, and I like the action at the dusty end quite low.

The quality of the instrument is easy to see even at a casual glance, but as an example of attention to detail the back plate, which has to be removed to access the battery, is secured by 5 screws that locate into brass captive star nuts - not into bare wood.

The dink in the headstock disclosed by the seller is much less evident than it was in the pictures, and so I shall not touch it.

If any of you are bass players out there, try to get hold of one of these classics while you can. I really cannot fathom why Hohner stopped making their basses.

Offline SoundSimon

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2015, 03:24:57 PM »
Finding this online store for buying guitar strings made me feel really good today. ood today.  :D
https://www.soundbasemegastore.com/instruments/guitars/guitar-accessories/guitar-strings/

Offline Mick

• Administrator
  • Site Owner
    • guitarist-guild
    • View Profile
    • Guitarist Guild
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2015, 05:35:31 PM »
Finding this online store for buying guitar strings made me feel really good today. ood today.  :D
https://www.soundbasemegastore.com/instruments/guitars/guitar-accessories/guitar-strings/

Simon, welcome to Guitarist Guild. Why don't you post a bit about the sound base megastore in the company shout outs board, you can find it here  http://guitaristguild.com/index.php/board,37.0.html  Then you can keep us updated with any offers, or promotions you have on the go.  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

Camera Craniums

Guitarist Guild

Users OnlineUsers Logged In Today

Total: 0