Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,173
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 303
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 69
  • Total: 70
  • Mick
Guitar Center

Valve amps

Started by paulnoise, June 11, 2013, 04:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulnoise

Hey guys, looking at some amps to up my sound, (guitar) one of the ones that caught my eye was the vox vt100. Anyone used one of these. What do you guys think?

sent on the move using tapatalk

paulnoise

Well, there was no reply, but I hate un-finished threads, last night I sold some gear, (guitar amp and pedals) and today I'm picking up my new amp, I managed to get a vt100 with the vox footswitch thingy for 200 quid so I'll be spending the next 6month's trying to work the bigger out :-)  I'll let you know how I get on

sent on the move using tapatalk

Mick

Quote from: paulnoise on June 25, 2013, 11:33:16 AM

Well, there was no reply,

:-[  Sorry the replies are a bit thin on the ground atm.  Really not sure how to go about getting members over here.  Congrats on the new amp though, haven't used one myself, but I'm sure it'll sound fantastic.  Enjoy it.  :tup:
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

Sounds like a very good price. I tried out the Vox VTs in my local shop before settling on a Mustang 3. I have to admit I didn't know there was a valve involved in making the sounds ;)

The modelling amps are all a bit complex and it has taken me ages to get to grips with the Fender, and there is probably still loads more it can do I haven't found yet.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it, as will the neighbours if you don't keep it turned down . .

paulnoise

managed to get my internet fixed/bodged so i can post.  been an odd month, but i digress, yeah the amp is sounding awesome, it has a valve preamp i think, or post amp. anyway the ac30 emulator on it is spot on, the other models are about as good as you can get from a modeling amp.  loud enough to fill a concert hall in a workmans club also so im well happy with it :).  also for anyone thinking about it, there is a nice toneroom thing on the vox website where people upload tones  they have created, some of these are fantastic, others are not, but hey its fun to play with. http://www.voxamps.com/toneroom/

Mick

Glad you are enjoying you new amp, wish it was me.  :tup:

Quote from: paulnoise on July 18, 2013, 03:23:37 PM

managed to get my internet fixed/bodged so i can post.

Has the Tapatalk plugin gone T/U again?  Or is it still working?  I think you're the only one on here using it, so I can't test it.  :-[
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com